Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dear TNA Redemption

I decided to give you another chance TNA. After all, it isn't fair to shape an entire opinion on something after only one experience with it. If that were the case, New Jersey would have wiped out strip clubs for me indefinitely. Just awful. So I tuned in Thursday night with fingers crossed and decided my second time around that there are some pros with the cons. So good for you guys!

The Pros:

  • The women had two matches on TV Thursday night. Two. I would kill to see that in the WWE.
  • The characters and dialogue are more natural, like if you were to hang out with them for a night this is probably how they'd really be - minus the boob punching.
  • I like that the responses are plausible, i.e Mickie James staring down Madison and actually looking tough and angry, getting her to back off, as opposed to, lets says, Layla in the WWE talking trash and then running to the ropes for saving by Michelle McCool and her broken foot.
  • It seems to me that uniqueness is allowed in TNA. The odd or even just crazy characters seem to be allowed to play out their mannerisms instead of conforming to a predictable script. Making me more interested in who these women are.


The Cons:

  • It seemed like a lot more scrabbling than professional moves within these matches. Maybe not a fair  assessment of the division as a whole, since I only saw 2 weeks worth of matches so far.
  • Cheap pops for sex appeal ran rampant, with Angelina & Velvet especially, as they shook their asses right into the camera while Taz on commentary yelled "release the pigeons!" WTF does that mean? I guess if WWE's "puppies" means "tits" then TNA's "release the pigeons!" is code for "show us your anus!" I'm all for sexy women - but not to the point of degrading themselves to anus level. 
But I will concede and say that the matches were at least refreshing. TNA, I'll keep watching. You got me.

*Note : nothing special to report about Smackdown last night. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment