Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dear men who forgot what month it is

Shocker - the men made a mockery of the women's match this week on Raw - during Women's History Month. Not only did the show's commentator, Michael Cole, get to jump up on the mic and proclaim to the audience that the match that was in progress between Eve and one of the Bellas needed to be over already, that no one there cared or wanted to see the women wrestling, but some of the fat, redneck morons in the front row actually began to clap for this chauvinistic display.

I get it, it's apart of the story, apart of making Michael Cole a huge douche bag - but some writer actually sat there and decided it was appropriate to throw these women under the bus to make it happen. While they're already having a tough time with the men hecklers in the audience who couldn't care less about the women's division, they now have to deal with their own company treating their match with no dignity or respect.

And it's a real shame, because the match actually had some good momentum going before they decided to use it as fodder. We finally had the Bellas caught in their switcheroo trick, and the Bella that was getting schooled by Eve had no option but to take her finishing moves. I give them credit for dealing with the distraction of a man yelling the opinion of all the macho idiots in the arena who only care about seeing tits, rather than talent, I do. But it was like watching two little girls at a pool party pleading "look at us" as they cannonball off of a diving board, only to come back up and be told by their father that he didn't watch it - oh, and that he also pissed in the water.
But I digress, and report that my muscles are feeling nice and sore after my yoga workout last night. Did my light weights today and some easy leg exercises to just take it easy. I've also been ebaying it up, which I love to do, for some WWE women's wrestling merch. I wanted to decorate a little workout area here with it, just as some fun inspiration. I'm looking to get the Natalya action figure which is apparently rare with only one being in every case, so I cant order one until the end of the month. There are also some neat cards that have pieces of the event used mats in them that the various women wrestled on. I'll decide on some things soon, and will post the pics of the space I eventually create.

Beyond searching ebay, I happened upon the WWE website's Women's history dedication. So for those of you who aren't the type to heckle women out of a ring, they do at least have a section up on their site for us, so check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment