Monday, May 9, 2011

Dear women in paint

I love to paint - every once in a while. I say that because once I'm done a painting I'm exhausted mentally and artistically. It takes a lot out of me to obsess over something, to get it just the way I envisioned it, but to be angry at my hands for lacking the ability to pull the image straight out of my head. In the past I have mostly painted animals, because that's what I was good at. But it gets boring because it's not risky, or passionate, it's just cute. So I wanted to find something to spray across a canvas that would make people think, and be a little more dangerous than a duck or a tired kitty.

So I thought why not paint women's wrestling? It's beautiful, it's controversial in a sense, and it's something i'm very passionate about. I wanted it to be a little abstract, but not so much so that there are female limbs painted in every which way with a tampon taped to the front - not that extreme. But enough to convey pieces of these athletics in a new way.

So below is my very first in the series I hope to continue. Still sitting on the easel, tried to get it in the best light I could. I call it "Roped In"

2 comments:

  1. i love to paint too :) we should get together and to a piece together*

    ReplyDelete
  2. or if you would let me paint on you * i like to paint on people :)

    ReplyDelete