Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dear Shimmer Women

I heard about Shimmer a few months ago, an all women wrestling league, but never watched it. I think the fact that they don't travel to do shows made me hesitant to become attached to the organization, because I knew I would have to order dvds just to see the matches. Well I caved and I ordered shimmer's Vol 36. the other day, and of course am refreshed to see MATCHES again between women wrestlers. Good choice.

While rough around the edges, Shimmer is a great wrestling company for those who can appreciate girls who kick ass. Some of their promos are a bit...eh, but mic skills are not important in these showings, wrestlings skills are however a must. Some of the characters are pretty cool. I like Misaki Ohata, Leva Bates, and Mercedes Martinez, (all seen below). Very different styles, but their presence draws you in.
If I ever make it to Chicago, I know where I'm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment